Raquel Hervás (PhD) works as Associate Professor (Profesor Contratado Doctor) at the Departamento de Ingeniería del Software e Inteligencia Artificial, Facultad de Informática, Universidad Complutense de Madrid. She is also a member of the Instituto de Tecnología del Conocimiento.
Her research is oriented towards Natural Language Generation and Processing. Raquel is interested in how people refer to things, exploring how intentions, situational contexts and personal styles can influence the way people talk about things. In order to study these aspects of language Raquel is exploring the creation and use of annotated corpora. She is also interesting in how these aspects of language can be practically used for the simplication of texts in order to improve their readability.
Raquel has also worked in the field of Figurative Language, exploring how figures of speech like analogies and comparisons can be used to implicitly convey information in automatically generated texts.
Phone: (+34) 91 394 7568
Address: Office 326
c\ Profesor José García Santesmases, 9
Departamento de Ingeniería del Software e Inteligencia Artificial
Facultad de Informática, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
28040 Madrid (Spain)
Generating Language Output
Content Planning | Referring Expressions | Lexicalization
Modeling Aspects of Interaction
Virtual Environments | Intelligent Agents | Emotions
The Story Telling Laboratory
I'm currently working in the following projects:
- IDiLyCo: Digital Inclusion, Language and Communication
- ComunicArte: Comunicación efectiva a través de la realidad virtual y las tecnologías educativas
- Red iGLN
- Aulas TIC de Autismo España
- PROSECCO: Promoting the Scientific Exploration of Computational Creativity
- WHIM: The WHat-If Machine
- ConCreTe: Concept Creation Technology
- MILES: Models of Interaction centred on Language, spacE and computational Semantics
- IVERNAO: Instrucciones VERbales para la NAvegación basadas en Ontologías